CONNECT message including tunneled data

From: Robert Siemer <Robert.Siemer-httpwg@backsla.sh>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:16:50 +0100
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Hello!

Some time ago we had the discussion about the CONNECT responses and that
they should carry a Content-Length header if the result code is 200.

We had the example of "Content-Length: 0" but what about letting the
tunneled data be part of the request/response?

That raises the question: May a successful response overtake the
request? The spec has only a POST-rejecting example which does that. And
what about if the response measures up to the request? For example an
"echo POST", which can answer as far as the request is. - If the request
terminates, the response will, too.

I see no restrictions in HTTP for that behaviour, does anybody else?

CONNECT could be such a "catch up" method.

Regards,
		Robert