Re: [DNSOP] Public Suffix List

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:52:42 +0200
To: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
Cc: Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>, Wes Hardaker <wjhns1@hardakers.net>, dnsop@ietf.org, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
On tis, 2008-06-10 at 21:05 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> stuff).  This must work by default, without explicit marking by the web
> site operator, or tons of deployed applications will break.

I seriously question this "will break" part. Sure, they will get
annoyed, but in nearly all possible solutions layering ontop of the
existing cookie system there will be easy ways for the owners of such
sites to make them behave well, and a transition period giving them
inciative and reasonable warning period to do so.

Regards
Henrik