Re: [DNSOP] Public Suffix List

David Conrad wrote:
> I suspect I might have a better list than you (:-) hint: I work at ICANN).

Well, OK :-)

> My reading of Yngve's draft (in particular, section 5.1) led me to
> believe that all TLDs would not need to run such a service, rather that
> such a service be available in a "well known" place (I think the right
> approach would be for IANA to maintain pointers to well known places,
> but that's an implementation detail).

I'm happy to admit that Yngve's solution, if it ever got up and running,
would be a good one. (Although it's worth noting that such a service
would need to deal with a non-negligible amount of traffic.) But it
doesn't exist.

> I'm curious: have you consulted with the various TLD-related
> organizations (e.g., ccNSO, gNSO, CENTR, APTLD, AfTLD, LACTLD, etc.) on
> how to solve this problem?

No. What do you think they'd say that hasn't been said in this thread
already?

We've had this basic problem in the domain of cookies for years. I don't
expect another solution to pop out of the woodwork now. But I'm open to
being surprised :-)

Gerv