Re: draft-nottingham-http-link-header-01.txt - problem with default relationship base URI

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 17:57:21 +0200
To: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
CC: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Jonathan Rees wrote:
> Also, you might consider the possibility that the relations are backed
> by RDF/XML instead of or in addition to HTML. This is a detail but it
> could make a difference to RDF-aware applications. I don't know enough
> about IANA's taste to know whether this is feasible.

 From <http://www.iana.org/about/projects/>:

"Conversion of Protocol Registries to XML

IANA intends to convert the internal formatting of all protocol
registries it maintains to XML. This will allow easy exporting of these
registries to the legacy text format, but also to other new formats that
can be more easily machine read. Other possible features include
syndication, RSS feeds of updates and so forth. The project is currently
in a pilot, and consultations will be held with the IETF community
before full implementation. IANA is also using an intermediary XML
format internally for some of its other registries (such as the root
zone database)."

So maybe there's hope...

BR, Julian