Likely OT: "closing the connection" (was: i28 proposed replacement text)

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 21:04:53 +0200
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Mark Nottingham wrote:

 [old text]
> unless the message is terminated by closing the connection.

Remotely related, I use a HTTP/1.0 GET script, and this
script, after sending its request, closed the sending
direction to indicate that it now only waits for an
answer.  Recently I stumbled over a HTTP/1.1 server
sending only what would be the first chunk in HTTP/1.1,
instead of the complete file.

Who got it wrong, my script or this server ?  I got the
complete file when I disabled the code terminating the
sending direction (from my POV).

 Frank