Re: I-D ACTION:draft-nottingham-http-link-header-01.txt

Jamie Lokier wrote:
> How about:
>
>     Generic-Link: URL=value
>
> Which is required to be written in exactly that form, the URN denotes
> the relation type, and the URN is always unquoted, absolute, and in
> a canonical form.
>
> It seems to satisfy the same easy parsing and substitution
> requirements that motivate foo-Link, while providing the flexibility
> of URNs for unregistered relation types.

What I'm missing a bit in this discussion is the fact that the Link
header already is specified, deployed and supported by some UAs (such as
Firefox (*) and Opera AFAIK).

Thus I'd really prefer to *extend* it in a backwards-compatible way (as
proposed by Mark N.) instead of inventing something new.

BR, Julian

(*) for instance:
<http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Link_prefetching_FAQ>