Re: [google-gears-eng] Re: Deploying new expectation-extensions

From: Charles Fry <fry@google.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 21:45:49 -0400
To: "Henrik Nordstrom" <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Cc: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "Brian McBarron" <bpm@google.com>, google-gears-eng@googlegroups.com, "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@yahoo-inc.com>, "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

>  For what it's worth it could have been spelled "Expect: HTTP/1.1". with
>  the same effect.

See, what we really want is exactly "Expect: HTTP/1.1" so that we can
be certain that we can spend a 1xx class response, but as far as I can
tell there is no way to actually accomplish this, other than just
spewing out our 1xx response, with utter disregard for any
non-compliant proxies in the downstream path. But at this point I
don't see any other viable option.

Charles