Re: NEW ISSUE: repeating non-list-type-headers

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 20:57:46 +0100
To: Jamie Lokier <jamie@shareable.org>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

* Jamie Lokier wrote:
>>    Multiple message-header fields with the same field-name MUST NOT be
>>    present in a message unless the entire field-value for that
>>    header field is defined as a comma-separated list [i.e., #(values)].
>
>It would be clearer, but it would clash with reality.  All web servers
>and web clients use Set-Cookie, which is prohibited by that.

I re-read RFC 2109 and it seems you are mistaken, Set-Cookie as defined
there takes a comma-separated list. There are a number of problems with
commas in cookies, like unquoted expires parameters and clients that
can't parse the header properly, but this part of the specification is
unlikely the right place to highlight them. Am I missing something?