Re: NEW ISSUE: Monitoring Connections text

David Morris wrote:
> Also, I thing the notion of a chunk length of -1 deserves further
> discusion. Seems to me that if a recipient understands the new value as
> abort, then the connection can continue to be used. If the recipient
> doesn't understand the signal, it should be treated as a serious error
> resulting in an abort of the request and connection. If I've not missed
> something, that leaves older recipients protected while allowing a useful
> tweak to the protocol.

I wouldn't be surprised if some implementation out there actually
parses it as a -1 length, leading to goodness knows what mayhem :-)

Any reason why "0;reason=aborted" cannot be used?  It's valid in RFC
2616 chunk-extension syntax, so anything which can accept chunked
requests really ought to accept this.

-- Jamie