Re: NEW ISSUE: Monitoring Connections text

* Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>Terminating the message using chunked encoding is optional. The client
>is always free to close the connection if it prefer to abandon the
>connection and open a new one.
>
>The point of terminating the message using chunked encoding is that it
>allows the connection to be kept for the next message, and is a MAY as
>it's entirely optional and up to the client to decide to do this instead
>of closing the connection. But it MUST do one of the two if terminating
>the message.

I think we are all agreed on what should happen, we just don't have good
enough text for it yet. Could you make a proposal that would address my,
Jamie's, and your concerns?

>Right.. should be last-chunk without a trailer.

The point is that I don't want it to be illegal to send the trailer, or
if that needs to be illegal, that that is spellt out explicitly. It's
clear that clients should not generate unnecessary traffic, but there
may well be cases where sending the trailer is useful for diagnostics.