Re: NEW ISSUE: repeating non-list-type-headers

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:10:45 +0000
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, Jamie Lokier <jamie@shareable.org>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>

On 20 Nov 2007, at 21:54, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> It's up to the implementer omho. Implementation detail on how to
> behave when
> seeing things outside specifications.

I strongly disagree  as an implementer, I want to be able to
implement HTTP in such a way that it works in the real world (which,
in places, relies on totally unspecified behaviour found in browsers)
by just reading the spec. If RFC2616bis doesn't address this, other
documentation on this will likely appear scattered over the web
outwith the HTTP spec. If I cannot just implement HTTP from the spec
in such a way that is interoperable with real-world servers, then IMHO
the spec is too vague and I have to waste my time reverse-engineering
other implementations (likely still not in a way 100% interoperable
with real-world servers).

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>