Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-http-patch-09.txt]

From: Travis Snoozy <ai2097@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 16:39:33 -0700
To: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Cc: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:03:59 +1200, Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
wrote:

> right - in other words, the only way to guarantee security on the
> patch is to LOCK, in which case why even bother trying to solve race
> conditions around the PATCH command.  The race condition if anywhere
> is around who gets the LOCK first...:)

Careful, though -- you still have to deal with timing locks out, and
dealing with the situation where somebody went LOCK, GET, edit,
timeout (implied UNLOCK), PATCH -- which leads to the same situation of
"Hey, buster -- you lose your work because you didn't get back to us in
a timely manner."

--
Travis