NEW ISSUE (?): LINK header

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 20:55:52 +0200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Hi,

the current editor's draft of HTML5 requires User-Agents to respect the
HTTP Link header (as specified in RFC2068, and dropped from RFC2616) --
see <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/#the-link>:

"Some versions of HTTP defined a Link: header, to be processed like a
series of link  elements. When processing links, those must be taken
into consideration as well. For the purposes of ordering, links defined
by HTTP headers must be assumed to come before any links in the
document, in the order that they were given in the HTTP entity header.
Relative URIs in these headers must be resolved according to the rules
given in HTTP, not relative to base URIs set by the document (e.g. using
a base element or xml:base attributes). [RFC2616] [RFC2068]"

So either this is just wishful thinking, or implementation support for
the Link header has indeed improved lately (I'll guess in FF and Opera).
In the latter case, we may want to re-add it in RFC2616bis.

Best regards, Julian