RE: Custom Ranges

From: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:30:58 -0700
To: Kornel Lesinski <kornel@geekhood.net>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
I ran into this exact same problem. In the end we choose another approach but the lack of a definition in RFC 2616 on how to extend ranges was a problem. Another big problem is that certain servers (who shall remain nameless) seem to believe that the range values must be integers. I don't see anything in RFC 2616 that seems to require that. But RFC 2616 does seem ambiguous on the subject. This would seem like a good issue for the HTTPBis issue list.

        Thanks,

                Yaron