Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-http-patch-09.txt]

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:26:13 +0200
To: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>

James M Snell wrote:
> FYI... Updated based on recent discussions.
>
> - James

Hi James,

a few comments:

- I think that using warn codes to provide feedback may be problematic;
in particular the idea to encode data into the message, which in RFC2616
is plain text. I think a new response header would be better.

- Finally: "Prefer" IMHO should go separate; in particular there are
unresolved questions such as how are new Prefer codes registered. IANA?

Best regards, Julian