Re: New Status Code -- 2xx Greedy Hotel?

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:53:37 +0000
Cc: "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>

Hmm, 3xx doesn't seem right; there might be temporary redirects along
the way (indeed, most of these sorts of things already use them);
it's the status code of the place where you end up that's interesting.

5xx implies server-side error, so that's not appropriate (unless you
consider their requirement for money an error!)

402 is reserved, and I think the original intent was making a payment
to the origin server, not to the folks who give you the network to
get there...