Re: Redirection of a POST as a GET

thanks for that.

this may be a key factor for why we are in the state we are in (i.e. why
everyone responds to a 30x from a POST with a GET) - because it's the
"safe and obvious" option, albeit non-conformant.

Anyone who's run Vista knows about how painful nags can get.  You can't
do hardly anything without being prompted to make this or that decision,
even though you just tell it to do something, it still asks for security
clearance (even when you're an admin).

Most people just want the thing to work with as little thought and extra
effort required as possible.

So designing requirements into the spec to prompt users for decisions is
kinda doomed I think.  There will be strong consumer pressure to disable
the nags, which software writers will respond to by implementing nag
disabling options, which people will then turn on.  Alternatively there
will be pressure brought to bear on site writers to not return 307
of the 307 could end up being lost, in which case....