Re: Straw-man charter

ons 2007-03-07 klockan 12:28 +0100 skrev Julian Reschke:

> The status code registry is very well hidden in there... I'd propose to
> either integrate it into RFC2616bis, or to move it into a separate
> document (such as proposed with
> <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-http-status-registry-latest.html>).

My opinion is to integrate.

RFC2616bis should reference the IANA directly for the relevant
registries defined based on RFC2616, with a reference to the RFC where
the IANA responsibility was originally defined for that registry where
applicable.

With the IANA registries already existing and operational (even if not
well known) I don't see the point of duplicating their content in a new
registry type RFC (and therefore not in a draft either).

Regards
Henrik