RE: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-decroy-http-progress-00.txt]

Couple questions about the draft:

"Frequently problems occur where users of client agents give up waiting for
visible progress."
When I read this, I first thought the issue was not displaying progress of
the upload itself - but it seems that the issue is with waiting for an
indication of a response, or an indication that a response is being worked
on. Is that correct?

"There is a clear need for upstream agents to be able to provide timely
progress notifications to downstream users [...]"
Later in the document, an example of multiple back-and-forth messages is
given - could the user agent indicate that this back-and-forth messaging is
actually a sign of progress?

Much of the document describes a single use-case dealing with authentication
and NTLM specifically. Are there other specific situations other than
authentication that can be described? Are there other styles of
authentication other than NTLM that would benefit from a solution?

What other approaches have been considered?
Regarding a connection oriented authentication approach, if the client
submitted a request with no body (like a GET) would that be sufficient to
establish the credentials that could be used with a larger request later on?
Regarding large message bodies, would using chunked transfer-encoding with a
small initial chunk be useful to quickly 'probe' for these chained
authentication routes?