Re: HTTP version numbers returned by proxies

From: Jeffrey Mogul <Jeff.Mogul@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:53:56 -0700
To: Adrien de Croy <adrien@qbik.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

    I understand there is an RFC on this - any pointers would be
    appreciated, we are trying to redesign our cache.  Supporting HTTP/1.1
    and 1.0 properly seems difficult.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2145.txt

There are references from RFC2616, section 3.1, to this document.
Perhaps these should be marked as normative; certainly, a proxy
implemention that violates RFC2145 is non-compliant in any reasonable
sense of the word.

-Jeff