Re: migration to ABNF, was: i31 (qdtext BNF) resolved

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> If you use character ranges, then people can use Jutta's tool
> (http://www.quut.com/abnfgen/)  to generate legal strings to test
> parsers with
>
> e.g. from elsewhere:
>     CHAR    = %x01-09 / %x0B / %x0C / %x0E-21 / %x22-5B / %x5D-7F
>
> Her tool can also be used to test an ABNF writer's intuition about what
> their ABNF allows.
>
> Lisa

Lisa,

yes yes yes. We're not there yet. We're trying to *carefully* change the
ABNF so that it can be fed into a parser. Once we have that, we'll have
a tool that can generate a normalized version of the ABNF for the
purpose of change tracking.

Best regards, Julian