Timezone information in HTTP

From: Stefanos Harhalakis <v13@priest.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 01:32:13 +0300
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Hello there,

  Following a suggestion from Julian Reschke I'm sending the attached proposed
I-D here for discussion. I'd like to know whether you believe that this is
usefull.

  I'd also appreciate some hints about the timezone format. Julian suggested
that the format should be changed to the one described in RFC3339 (+OFFSET).
My original though was that it could be usefull to have the full timezone
specification as described in POSIX, which includes DST information too. I
now believe that this should be changed to RFC3339 format in favour of
simplicity just like Julian suggested.