Re: Straw-man charter for http-bis

From: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@imc.org>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 09:47:29 -0700
To: Apps Discuss <discuss@apps.ietf.org>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Splitting my previous question into two:

a) Will this WG consider clarifications and revisions to main-line
HTTP-related RFCs, most notably the security ones?

b) Will this WG consider new extensions to HTTP outside the main documents?

If the answer to (a) is "no", then we need a second WG, which will
likely have a lot of membership overlap. To me, that seems
non-optimal.

I'm OK either way with (b), but hope that if the answer is "yes" that
they aren't even considered until all the other work is done first.