Re: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd: draft-reschke-http-addmember-00]

Ideally we would have a solution that would work for all methods that
may request the creation of a new resource (e.g, LOCK, PUT, COPY, MOVE,
MKCOL, MKWORKSPACE, MKACTIVITY, MKCALENDAR, ...).

Could the solution be as simple as specifying an empty query component
(e.g., "?") in the Request-URI for those methods, and have the methods
return the Location header as part of their response?

For instance,

   PUT /calendar/bernard/?

would request the server to create a new resource in the collection
/calendar/bernard/ and let the server chose the name of the resource.

Is there already a defined use for the query component for the methods
mentionned above?

Cheers,
Bernard