Re: HTTP1.1 Proxy, clients multiple persistent connections

From: Scott Lawrence <scott@skrb.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:27:32 -0500
To: Premysl Kouril <premysl.kouril@seznam.cz>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 08:26, Premysl Kouril wrote:
> I have  one more question about this topic. I detected, that after
> creating couple of multiple connections between client and proxy, client
> sends requests for different www servers to one particular client-proxy
> connection (is it ok ?).

Yes.

>  My question is how HTTP1.1 proxy (maintains
> proxy-www_server persistent connections) recognizes which proxy-www
> connection should be used for incoming client request (and when it shoud
> create new proxy-www connection).

The proxy should examine each request (regardless of what connection it
is on) and determine what origin server it is for.

Note that a successful CONNECT request changes this by switching the
connection into a transparent tunnel - the proxy should not examine or
alter anything in that connection; just relay bits through it until the
connection is closed by the endpoints.

--
  Scott Lawrence
  SIPfoundry.org system administrator