HTTP1.1 Proxy, clients multiple persistent connections

From: (wrong string) řemysl Kouřil <Premysl.Kouril@seznam.cz>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 00:03:54 +0100 (CET)
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

I'am doing HTTP1.1 Proxy and have a question about persistent connections. After reading RFC 2616 I though that client (I use Mozilla 1.5) will maintain persistent connection as long as possible (and will sending requests to this connection as long as possible) but when I set as a proxy my proxy server and send request to fetch some web page, client makes persistent connection between him and proxy, and some requests goes by this connection (as I expected), but for some other requests client wants to make new connection between him and proxy (as I dont expected) even though the previous persistent connection between client and proxy is still up (so I think that making new connection is unnecessary because client can send this request by existing connection between him and proxy). My question is why client makes new connections to proxy when another persistent connection between same client and same proxy exists. Thanks

Premysl Kouril