Re: Bad header syntax -- is this par for the course?

From: Robert Olofsson <robo@khelekore.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:02:01 +0200
To: Jamie Lokier <jamie@shareable.org>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Jamie Lokier wrote:

>Take a look at the HTTP response below, from a real server.
>The line beginning with "CP" is clearly not valid HTTP/1.0 or HTTP/1.1
>syntax.
>
>Is this sort of thing commonplace?

Sort of, many servers are broken and output:

Instead of the correct one:

There are _many_ perl scripts (and other) that do this.
So being strict for CRLF parsing is a bad idea.

Apart from that I dont have to worry about broken http much.
Expire dates seem to have all sorts of funny values, but that
is ok for me, only means that the cache will expire quicker.

/robo