Re: PATCH thoughts...

Justin Chapweske wrote:
> o Secondly, I would like to see PATCH advocate at least one generic
> binary delta format.  Unless I am mistaken, gdiff is only useful for
> text documents.

Is there a binary delta format being used, or planned, for delta
transmission of cached documents?

What I mean is that if I have a cached entity with etag "abcdefg", and
I request it with If-None-Match, then maybe a server or cache could
send me the delta between what I have and the current entity - just to
reduce bandwidth.

If there's such a standard being proposed or even still being
designed, it would probably be good to pick the same binary delta
format.

-- Jamie