Re: Problems with caching header values

Do the browsers send If-Modified-Since (IMS) requests or regular GETs
when refreshing the images? If they send IMS requests, you may be out
of luck. If they send regular gets, you may want to experiment with
image headers some more: try adding Cache-Control: public as the first
Cache-Control header or removing all Cache-Control headers and adding
Expires header instead.

BTW, please keep in mind that a Cache-Control: no-cache does not mean
that that cache cannot store (cache) the object. It means the cache
has to revalidate it every time (with an IMS request, for example).

HTH,

Alex.

--
www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite