Re: Is there a HTTP 1.1 help list / forum / group?

From: Peter Watkins <peterw@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 12:57:24 -0500
To: Matthew Stanfield <mattstan@blueyonder.co.uk>
Cc: http-wg <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 05:17:37PM +0000, Matthew Stanfield wrote:

> I am reluctant to seek further 'a fairly basic question' help in this list
> as it seems to be a highbrow discussion list and not the place to ask 'help
> I am stuck' questions. Can someone recommend another list, forum or
> newsgroup where I can post a 'help, what am I doing wrong' question please?
> I've done multiple web searches trying to find one and have come up with
> nothing. There seem to be several protocols.* newsgroups but no
> protocols.http unfortunately.

The comp.infosystems.www.* newsgroups used to be quite good, and might
still be -- I just haven't used USENET much for a while now. :-(

Your questions may go beyond pure protocol questions -- it sounds like
you're concerend about interoperability with existing public sites &
software commonly used to provide HTTP services, so someplace like
comp.infosystems.www.servers.misc might be helpful.

--
Peter Watkins - peterw@tux.org - peterw@usa.net - http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
Private personal mail: use PGP key F4F397A8; more sensitive data? Use 2D123692