Re: Proxy and HTTP protocol versions

Sub,

	There are a few questions you need to answer before we can
help you with the design and minimal feature set:

	1. Will your proxy forward all requests to one configured
	   server? Or will it need to look at requested URLs and
	   forward requests to corresponding servers?

	2. Is performance important? Do you want your proxy to cache

	3. Will you proxy do anything other than forwarding messages?
	   That is, why do you need a proxy?

Your answers will determine how much HTTP corners you can cut. If it
turns out that your proxy needs to support HTTP/1.1, then you would
have to handle versions and *Connection headers correctly, among other
things. In that case, I would not recommend just removing
Proxy-Connection; a lot more work needs to be done to survive in a
general HTTP environment (RFC 2616 defines most of what needs to be
implemented in that case).

Alex.

--
www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite