Proxy and HTTP protocol versions

From: Sudha Subramanian <ssudhaiyer@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:24:36 -0400 (EDT)
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a proxy server. The proxy server does nothing but
just forwards the request to the destination server.

My question is:

1. For implementing a proxy as simple as this ( just forward request back
and forth), do I have to bother myself with the HTTP protocol versions etc.

2. I understand from a bit of googling  that I should be removing the
'Proxy-Connection' from the request header so that we won't have to worry
about a broken link even if the upstream proxy does not support it. Is there
anyother field like this that I should deal with ?  Does this apply to both
HTTP 1.0 as well as HTTP 1.1 ?

Any help or pointers would be of great help.

-Thanks
Sub

Go down memory lane. Revisit the cool times.
http://www.batchmates.com/msn.asp Reconnect with old friends!