Re: HTTP headers

From: rajmahendra Hedge <rajmahendrah@yahoo.co.in>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 02:14:45 -0400 (EDT)
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com

hi,
Thanks a lot for the reply.
I am new to HTTP headers and its issues. I have one
more doubt.

I need to define a new HTTP header for communciation
between my Server application, and other client
application which connect to my Server application.
If there is no official way to register HTTP header
names, is it enough that I decide on the header name,
and its value, etc? And let know my client
applications about this new header through
documentation?

I need not register it anywhere now, isn't it?
And if the proposed registry is up, probably I can get
it registered there.
Is this the way to do it?

Thanks once again for your time.

Best Regards,
Raj,

--- Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote: >
Currently, there is no official way to register HTTP
> header field-names.
> However, you may be interested in [1] a proposal on
> how such a registry
> would be run.
>
> Regards,
>
> 1.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-05.txt

Want to sell your car? advertise on Yahoo Autos Classifieds. It's Free!!
       visit http://in.autos.yahoo.com