RE: Proxy-connection

From: Joris Dobbelsteen <joris.dobbelsteen@mail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 14:59:34 +0200
To: "WWW WG (E-mail)" <http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com>

RFC2616 also explains this header. It is actually the same as the connection
header, but specially for proxies.
However I don't know why they needed Proxy-Connection, maybe because some
proxies did not know/understand this header and have the orgin server not to
respond to it.

* HTTP/1.0 default closes the connection, unless explicitly requested by the
client to keep the line open (alive).
* HTTP/1.1 keeps the connection alive, unless explicitly mentioned by the
client/server to close the connection. Maybe that some responces require the
connecton to be closed.

I thought there is another RFC handling persistent connections for HTTP/1.0
(extension to the standard). Maybe it doesn't exist, but I think it
does.....

- Joris