whither HTTP?

From: <Jeff.Hodges@kingsmountain.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:10:29 -0700
To: http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com
I recall that at one time there were various thoughts on the table about where
to take HTTP next (e.g. "HTTP next generation"). What ever happened to those
thoughts/efforts? Are there any nascent HTTP 1.x or 2.0 efforts lurking about?
I'm not necessarily advocating that there should be, I'm simply trying to see
if the HTTP cognoscenti will share what's on their minds, protocol-wise.

thanks,

JeffH