HTTP traffic statistics

From: Jordi Ros <jros@ece.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 17:17:17 -0800
To: <http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Hi,

I am doing some analysis on the performance of an HTTP server for my research. Does anybody has or know where to get some information concerning real traffic statistics? More specifically, I would like to know what's the traffic percentage of each HTTP method (GET, PUT, HEAD,...) in a real world network. Any other statistics regarding HTTP traffic (such as number of bytes or packets per method-request ...) would also be of great help.

Thanks in advance!

Jordi

Jordi Ros                                             email: jros@ece.uci.edu
Electrical and Computer Engineering      voice (work): (949) 622 0991
University of California, Irvine                  www: http://www.ece.uci.edu/~jros