errata for RFC 2616 & 2617

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:55:43 PDT
To: "HTTP Working Group" <http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: <iana@iana.org>
I think we need to establish errata for RFC 2616 & 2617,
since minor problems are popping up.

Are there any volunteers willing to help take this on?
There've been a couple of candidates already.

Ob-erratum RFC 2616:

Section 3.5 calls for IANA to establish a registry of
"content-coding value tokens" that includes gzip, compress,
and deflate.

 Section 3.6 calls for IANA to establish a registry of
"transfer-coding value tokens" that includes
"chunked" and "identity", but goes on to list
"gzip", "compress" and "deflate". But "gzip", "compress"
and "deflate" are not transfer-coding value tokens, they're
content-coding value tokens.

Larry
--
http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter