Re: Password change via HTTP

While I'm sure this thread is off-topic for http-wg,
I agree with Alex that passwords are here to stay,
and I agree with Phillip that PKI is too.

The big question is:  How will passwords be used?

I sincerely doubt that the dominant form will be
PINs for smart cards, and I know we can do better
than simple local key files encrypted with a
password/phrase.

For another vision of strong password + PKI systems, visit
<http://www.IntegritySciences.com>.

-- dpj