RE: Comments on draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-03

In my mind, at least, invalidate implies "never return it in response to any
later request", and usually, that means to delete it from the cache. Whereas
"must-revalidate" implies "keep the bits in the cache, but do a conditional
GET (or whatever) before returning them in any later request".

Thus, even if they are technically identical, the implication I would form
upon reading the two alternatives are quite different.