Re: URI Reference jg275

From: Jim Gettys <jg@pa.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:26:22 -0800
To: "David W. Morris" <dwm@xpasc.com>
Cc: http working group <http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com>
Duplication of most the specification of URI's in the HTTP document is
clearly the wrong thing for us to do.  They came out a while ago (either
Rev-01 or Rev-02; I don't remember which).

The area directors would like the URI spec to go to draft in finite time;
the HTTP spec is making the presumption it will.  If it doesn't, I'll have
to issue another draft with the URI BNF back in.

This isn't an issue until we get interoperability reports in, in any case;
that is required for us to progress to draft standard.
				- Jim