Re: Forcing to another page to load

From: Warren P. Chi <warrenpchi@bansheeparadigm.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 1997 13:57:41 -0700
To: debbie eidelman <deidel01@cs.fiu.edu>
Cc: Andrew Daviel <advax@triumf.ca>, Rob Lines <c0nner@sosbbs.com>, www-html@w3.org, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com, Robots List <robots@mail.mccmedia.com>
debbie eidelman wrote:

> Hi!  I've used the meta refresh you talked about but it just keeps
> reloading the page where I called it from I have it at
> www.cs.fiu.edu/~deidel01 in case anyone want to look and I want it to
> go
> to www.fiu.edu/~deidel01.  Thanks to responses :)
> Debbie

   Dear Debbie and distiguished thread followers,

I've taken a look at your source code and all I see is this:

<META HTTP-EQUIV=Link CONTENT="http://www.fiu.edu/~deidel01">

Try this instead:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="10;
URL=http://www.fiu.edu/`deidel01">

Just make sure to change the 10 to the number of seconds you want
visitors to dote on the current page before moving on.

Note: the number of seconds you want people to wait only kicks in after
the page had COMPLETELY loaded.  Watch out for this.  I know people that
have tons of animated gifs on their first page and then set the delay
time to 30 secs. for people to jot down/change their bookmarks.  So
people have to wait like for the load time + the delay time to get moved
automatically (up to 2 minutes).

For an example of how this new refresh would look, go to
http://www.sunwellness.com

Hope this helps.

-Warren P. Chi
General Manager,
The Banshee Paradigm Group
http://www.bansheeparadigm.com

P.S. - Isn't this like the umpteenth time this question has come up
here?  Oh well, it helps to have a sense of humor.  =D