Re: feature negotiation syntax

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 21:31:22 PDT
To: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Cc: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
# I do assume that with
# octet-by-octed, you mean after interpretation of % escapes.  I think
# it is a good idea to allow these, especially in the tag values.

No, I don't. I think that the name of features should be
compared exactly. Unescaping of URLs components is
scheme specific.

# I'm taking the PEP approach of allowing *any* URI.  Do you expect this
# to cause flamage?

I don't know, but since the URI feature of PEP hasn't had extensive
review or implementation, it doesn't automatically become a good
model.