Re: HTTP/1.1 & Proxies

From: Josh <josh@netscape.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 00:57:30 -0700 (PDT)
To: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Cc: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com, "'w3c-http@w3.org'" <w3c-http@w3.org>, Thomas Reardon <thomasre@microsoft.com>, Joe Peterson <joepe@microsoft.com>, Hadi Partovi <hadip@microsoft.com>, Arthur Bierer <arthurbi@microsoft.com>, Richard Firth <rfirth@microsoft.com>
I think this is yet another critical need for a versatile OPTIONS

I after Roy's ( I think it was him ) comments, Ive begun drawing
up a rough idea for a flexible OPTIONS method message.

I think that as more HTTP1.1 areas come to be implemented, more
cases like this will show up.

The need seems to be to query a proxy ( or a server ) about
its support, or lack of it, for a specific feature, mode,
or otherwise..

Ill try and post my rough idea to the list by the end of the week.

Josh Cohen				        Netscape Communications Corp.
Netscape Fire Department	     	      "Mighty Morphin' Proxy
Server Engineering
josh@netscape.com                       http://home.netscape.com/people/josh/