announcing: http-state mailing list

From: Dave Kristol <dmk@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 97 10:27:59 EDT
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com, http-state@lists.research.bell-labs.com
I'm please to announce the availability of the http-state mailing
list.  Details on subscribing/unsubscribing, archives, related
documents, etc., can be found at
	<http://www.bell-labs.com/mailing-lists/http-state/>.

This mailing list is for the discussion of state management in HTTP
under the auspices (at least now) of the HTTP-WG. Specific topics
include:

     - Changes to RFC 2109 to guide it to Internet Standard status.
     - Add-on capabilities for the RFC 2109 state management mechanism.
     - New state management mechanisms (outside RFC 2109).

I invite anyone who is interested to subscribe to the mailing list now,
but I ask people to hold back from posting to the list until this
Monday, May 5, 1997, so no one who's interested will miss out on the
(early) discussions.  Thanks.

Dave Kristol