Re: An experiment in producing RFC1122-style requirements checklist

From: Albert Lunde <albert-lunde@nwu.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 17:49:21 CDT
To: rlgray@raleigh.ibm.com
Cc: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com

> I hope you can stand one more "one too".  I implemented something
> similar for our implementation.
>
> I think that the Notes would be valuable if organized by subject
> (perhaps pointing to the section); if by section, I agree that
> compressing to '*' is sufficient.
>
> Is there anyone that implements a proxy that doesn't cache?  If not, I
> think that just a proxy column is sufficient.

Non-caching proxies may be used to access thru firewalls, or as we
are doing at our institution, for inward access to domain-limited
services. In our case, we are using a netscape proxy server
with caching off, but I think the firewall tool kit has
a simpler non-caching proxy, and there is definely an
application "niche" for this sort of thing.

--
    Albert Lunde                      Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu