Re: NS, Verisign, Firefly proposal [was Re: Revised charter , milestones

Paul Hoffman says ...

>IMHO, discussing technology for which there is no published specification,
>much less technology that will not be formed in the IETF, is probably not a
>good use of this mailing list. When the technology is released from the W3C
>WG, this group can assess how it affects the HTTP protocol, but not until
>then.

Amen.

1) The press release says the spec will be released on the 27th.  It wasn't.

2) Netscape evidentally doesn't know the difference between a spec
   and a press release.

3) What we have here is a closed open process.  What did the caterpillar say?