Re: 1xx Clarification

From: Josh Cohen <josh@netscape.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 06:51:31 -0700 (PDT)
To: Scott Lawrence <lawrence@agranat.com>
Cc: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com

>   We would actually prefer to see this set of rules made more general
>   in that we'd like it to apply to any POST, not just one being
>   retried (which may or may not have been what was intended).

If the 100 is only supposed to happen on a retried request, then
how does a server know if its a retried request or not ?

>   As to Yolands' suggestion above, I don't really see the point (we
>   certainly won't be sending all those extra responses), but since it
>   specifies only client behaviour we don't care much.
It raises some interesting issues for async notifications.

BTW: was 'Yoland' meant to be an abbreviation for Yaron Goland ? :)

Josh Cohen				        Netscape Communications Corp.
Netscape Fire Department	               "My opinions, not Netscape's"
Server Engineering
josh@netscape.com                       http://home.netscape.com/people/josh/