RE: new cookie draft

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Jaye, Dan wrote:
> I saw that M Hedlund's suggested wording of allowing a "user-designated
> agent" to verify a transaction has been incorporated.  I am concerned
> that without more explicit description of how those agents would operate,
> the certification authorities, and protocols, third party verification
> will never really happen.  I will try to make my proposal more explicit.

Hmm....if you wanted a standard protocol for communication between a
user-agent extension and an external cookie review server, I would say that
should be a separate document.

I also don't think any RFC will _make_ it happen.  If this spec allows it
to happen and people agree there's a need, it certainly can happen without
further specification.

M. Hedlund <hedlund@best.com>