Cookies and cache

From: Andrew Daviel <andrew@andrew.triumf.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 12:47:54 -0800 (PST)
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
OK, so I haven't read every piece of mail on this list ...

Can someone answer this simple question:

If I make a request for a page with a Cookie header, is the result
cacheable in a public cache ?

e.g. I pick up a cookie with path=/ from some org, then
get a GIF (which has no Set-Cookie, Expires now, Cache-control, etc.),
can it be cached ?

I think I had misunderstood the mechanism somewhat; if I want to use
the cookie in a page, should I make that page uncacheable with Expires,
Cache-Control, etc. ??

Andrew