Re: Cookie Question

From: David W. Morris <dwm@xpasc.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 22:35:12 -0800 (PST)
To: Ari Luotonen <luotonen@netscape.com>
Cc: wyllys@reston.ans.net, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, Ari Luotonen wrote:

> > [Proxy Cookies]
> > I was wondering if anyone else sees a value in such a
> > construct and if it should be pursued further.
>
> We get a lot of requests for such a feature, and would be eager to
> support it.

While we're extending cookies, ;-:) (I like proxy cookies as well!)
it would be nice if it were possible to specify an expiration AND
an indicator that the cookie should not persist beyond the current
execution of the browser. I don't ever what the cookie record outside
of virtual memory and I also want it to expire within some time
interval.

Dave Morris